South African Civil Aviation Authoritywww.caa.co.za/Pages/RPAS/
Summary: Effective as of 01/07/2015, to fly a UAV in South Africa, rules in accordance with part 101 of the Civil Aviation regulations include:
- You will need a valid CAA approved remote pilot licence & letter of approval. Letters issued will cover a period of 12 months;
- Avoid flying the UAV within 50m of crowds;
- UAVs cannot fly more than 400ft/120m above the ground, nor within in 10km of an aerodrome. Those who fly drones adjacent to or above a nuclear power plant, prison, police station, crime scene, court of law, national key point or strategic installation will be seen as breaking the law;
- Public roads can’t be used for take off or landing;
- UAVs cannot be used to hold cargo or deliver items.